Monday, February 6, 2012

super bowl and baked brie

super bowl sunday...i spent the entire morning working on homework trying to get done in time for super bowl festivities, and yet i still had to bring it to the party. yes i was the lame one nerding out on a case study and only paying attention to the commercials :) but there was a beer in my hand and amazing friends around me..so i can't really complain :) any'who..earlier that morning the boy ran to the store for me to get the ingredients, then came home and helped me prepare my favorite appetizer my aunt taught me when i was younger. festive brie huh?? here's how you make it:

homemade habanero berry jam, brown sugar and chopped up pecans on top of the brie. cover it with crescent roll dough and use the left over to make fun design or picture. bake it at 350. i put these two in together and it took about fifteen or so minutes. depending on the size of the brie just adjust the time and keep your eye on it. i've also used regular jam or even just the pecans and brown sugar is pretty stinkin' amazing. if you're bringing it to a friends house, prep it at home and ask if you can bake it there...then it's warm perfect gooey'ness won't go to waste. 



sorry for the blurry pictures..took them on my phone
not to mention the boy and his friend kept waving hands and knives in front of it
so in my efforts not to get cut and have a good picture..it took about fourteen attempts. 


the boy helped with the football...i knew the shape, but lost when it came to the details.



can you see the knife in this picture..bottom left 
ha! attempt to fully ruin my picture..failed!

1 comment:

  1. A+ for perseverance on these pictures while dodging the blade and hands of doom. And so what if you were the nerd geeking out! You were being a pro multi-tasker and you made warm BRIE party food! I want to try this type of recipe now. I've never had anything like it and I have some brie I need to finish up!

    ReplyDelete