Tuesday, January 31, 2012

trading tv for worship

i love having background noise. while doing homework.chores.cleaning.cooking.crafting. lately my background noise has been tv shows on netflix...episode after episode has been playing the past few weeks while i go about doing whatever needed to be done around the house. a couple days ago i came home from work to the boy playing 'how he loves us' on his guitar. i felt a tug on my heart. a thought popped into my head, 'now this is background noise'. he continued to play while i cooked dinner and i reflected on these last weeks. there has been a difference in my attitude.thoughts.perspective. i decided to substitute my tv shows for worship music for a week...it's been four days now, and i can't even begin to say how much of a blessing it's been. i've added david crowder band's 'how he loves us' with the lyrics...i can seriously have this song on repeat for hours.


2 comments:

  1. This song has been playing in my head all day. I do the same thing, put a show on just for the noise. I'm gonna start playing worship music though, good idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right on this!! I have to play worship music while I'm making dinner cause it's gets crazy with the two littles and I tend to stress out =( Helps keep me calm haha

    ReplyDelete